10 Reasons to Make a Snack Date with a Date:
1. An excellent source of the minerals potassium, calcium, magnesium, iron and sulfur.
2. Satisfy sweet cravings without promoting weight gain.
3. High in fiber.
4. Benefit the nervous system.
5. Help to reduce mental fatigue.
6. Are cancer-preventive.
7. Help to relieve constipation.
8. Assist with muscle development.
9. Promote heart health.
10. Are delicious on eaten their own or, as an addition to dessert recipes, they add a new depth of flavor far above & beyond conventional sugar!
Strawberry Date Shake
1 c. Kefir
3 Medjool dates, pitted
1 c. strawberries, fresh or frozen
optional: 1 tsp. Synergy whole food Vitamin C berry powder
Step 1- Blend the kefir and dates until smooth.
Step 2- Add the strawberries and blend until smooth.
* Note: If you're using fresh strawberries and still desire "shake" consistency, add some additional ice cubes.
- The Complete Guide to Nutritional Health by Pierre Jean Cousin and Kirsten Hartvig
- The Encyclopedia of Whole Food Medicine by Don Tolman