Over the summer, I did a front porch talk and demonstration at The Green Eyed Lady about the health benefits of raw chocolate, combined with lavender essential oil. I gave out samples, and everyone enjoyed the creaminess of the drink and the subtle lavender flavor! Serve this to your p
Makes 2 servings.
3 c. cashew milk or plain coconut milk
2-3 drops lavender essential oil
3 T. raw cacao powder
1 T. raw coconut oil
1/2 tsp. raw vanilla bean powder
3 T. raw wildflower honey
a pinch of sea salt
Directions: Blend until smooth and creamy.
Chocolate is one of the most complex foods on the planet, containing more than 300 identifiable chemical substances with positive health effects. However, when it is heated and combined with refined sugar, most of its benefits are lost and it can even create negative health effects. Raw chocolate, on the other hand- combined with the highest quality sweeteners and essential oils- is the highest quality "medicine" the Earth has to offer.
Raw chocolate has been considered the food of the heart and love by ancient South American civilizations. The ancient Aztecs gave chocolate as a traditional wedding present. Modern science has confirmed that chocolate is not only an aphrodisiac, but is a potent heart health enhancing food.
Cacao contains chemicals (such as Phenylethylamine* and Serotonin), which are scientifically proven to be present in the brains of people when they are happy, more relaxed, playful and creative.
More Interesting Raw Chocolate Facts...
- Raw chocolate is the richest food source of magnesium: Magnesium improves the flow of blood, oxygen, and nutrients throughout the body, increasing energy levels.
- Raw chocolate is the richest source of antioxidants of any food. Antioxidants protect the body from free radicals caused by pollution, chemicals, etc., which may damage healthy body tissue and give rise to disease.
- Raw chocolate is a dilator and improves the absorption of other health-enhancing substances (like herbs) with which it is taken.
- Raw chocolate contains flavanoids and essential minerals and vitamins that support healthy heart functioning by lowering blood pressure, improving blood flow, lowing LDL cholesterol, and reducing plaque buildup on artery walls.
- Raw chocolate improves digestion and cleanses the digestive tract.