Research shows that microwaved foods are more than "nutritionally depleted," they are literally a modern health hazard.
The following is a summary of Russian researchers' conclusions about microwaved foods, published by the Atlantis Rising Educational Center in Portland, Oregon: Carcinogens were formed in virtually all foods tested. (No test food was subjected to more microwaving than necessary.)
* Microwaving prepared meats sufficiently to ensure sanitary ingestion caused formation of d-Nitrosodiethanolamines, a well-known carcinogen.
* Microwaving milk and cereal grains converted some of their amino acids into carcinogens.
* Thawing frozen fruits converted their glucoside and galactoside containing fractions into carcinogenic substances.
* Extremely short exposure of raw, cooked or frozen vegetables converted their plant alkaloids into carcinogens.
* Carcinogenic free radicals were formed in microwaved plants, especially root vegetables.
In Comparative Study of Food Prepared Conventionally and in the Microwave Oven, published by Raum & Zelt in 1992, the authors write:
"Production of unnatural molecules is inevitable. Naturally occurring amino acids have been observed to undergo isomeric changes (changes in shape morphing) as well as transformation into toxic forms, under the impact of microwaves produced in ovens. One short-term study found significant and disturbing changes in the blood of individuals consuming microwaved milk and vegetables..."
Source: "Microwave Ovens: The Curse of Convenience," Christopher Gussa, www.naturalnews.com.
Replace your microwave with a toaster oven and enjoy better health and flavor: